Sunday, February 17, 2013


Letter Two:  February 15, 2013



Meine Familie und Freunden,
 
Sorry about the boring subject line. I promise I'll work harder to make them interesting when I have longer than 30 minutes to write you. I also am dying to send you some pictures, but once again it's a pain here to get them on and honestly I have no idea how, so you'll be getting them when I'm out of the MTC. Which means next week! I'm so excited to be going to Germany next week, even though I'm loving my district here. They are all so amazing. Everyone is smart and has great insights and works hard, but we also laugh and have fun together, which you definitely need a little bit of here. The other night in class, one of the sisters said something kind of funny, and it wasn't really that funny, but I was so tired and going so crazy that it suddenly turned into the funniest thing I'd ever heard. I was trying so hard not to laugh because our teacher was trying to teach, but I was crying I was laughing so hard. I sort of calmed myself down but then I looked over at Elder Krieger sitting next to me and he was cracking up harder than I was. I think all the stress was just pouring out and we couldn't stop. Everyone was just looking at us like we were crazy because nothing was really that funny, but we were both bawling. I think exhaustion got the better of us, but it did relieve quite a bit of stress, and that was nice, although slightly embarrassing. I finally got everyone's letters. I was the last person in my district to get one, and I won't lie, I was murmuring a bit saying "why aren't they writing?!!" But all the letters were well worth the wait. Please please please keep them coming. They are such a nice part of my day. Really. Also I really liked the care packages as well, even though I have no idea how I'm going to consume a dozen cinnamon rolls and a dozen giant cookies in four days. They'll probably just make me popular aroung here when I start sharing. Nothing super exciting has gone on around here. It's mostly just studying and studying and studying, but it is great. I went to in field orientaion this week, as I'm leaving in four days. I know it's coming so fast and it's scary but I'm really so begeistert. This week something like 760 new missionaries came in, which made for long lines in the cafeteria. Disneyland long lines. One of the new sisters in my branch came from Albania and being the coordinating sister I helped them all get settled in (even though I barely know what I'm doing). But she had just gotten tested for Tuberculosis and her test was looking positive (scary)! So we took her to the Health Clinic and got it checked out and then went to get some blood tests done off campus at BYU. That was an adventure. I haven't heard anything about the results, but I hope Sister Berati is healthy enough to serve. I can't imagine traveling so far just to be sent home. I'm sorry if none of these things are interesting to you, but like I said, I'm mostly just going to school 12 hours a day, so no really exciting things happen. I did get my tooth in today and it looks just great. I'm so happy to have that taken care of. Mom and Dad, please say a million thanks to the dentists who worked miracles to get it ready for me. I'm so grateful! I am having a great time here and I love everyone I work with. It's really just a great experience. I am extremely tired though, which I'm sure I will be, probably for the rest of my life, but I do want to go take a power nap before my P Day is over, so I'll let you go. I love you all and I would love to hear from all of you!
 
Viele Liebe,
 
Sister Mary Jane Leavitt

0 comments:

Post a Comment